DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Responsible for ensuring the successful operation of a luxury spa hotel which includes both the programs the property in Malibu and a property in Calabassas. Assists the owners in planning, organizing, staffing and directing the activities of both properties as one fully integrated entity. Supervises, directs, trains and manages all Department Heads and ensures that all staff are working together to achieve the company’s Five-Star Service objectives, while maintaining a superior hospitality culture.
• Ensures that the daily operations of the property are efficient and meet the company’s Five Star service objectives
• Establishes procedures and controls to ensure the optimum daily functioning of the Ranch as well as the safety/security of all guests
• The Operations Manager represents senior management and will maintain a professional and welcoming presence with guests at all times and all levels of their interaction with the property.
• Works with CEO, Controller and Department Heads to create budgets by department; responsible for managing departments to meet these budget goals
• Ensures that all employees are well trained for their positions; conducts employee performance evaluations per company’s quarterly and annual review process
• Manages part-time staffing to assure appropriate levels of guest safety and support while controlling costs within budgetary parameters
• Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports for top management based on mutually agreed upon KPI’s
• Responsible for consolidating the weekly guest satisfaction surveys and following up with staff and/or guests as needed. Develops recommendations from survey insights and ensures comments are inputted into the Ranch’s Guest Database.
• Responsible for managing the Housekeeping and Groundskeeping teams to ensure the cleanliness of all guest rooms, communal areas, and grounds and that all mechanical and electrical equipment is regularly maintained, serviced and kept in good operating condition.
• Manages the Executive Chefs and kitchen staff to ensure we are achieving the highest food quality/satisfaction ratings as well as the cleanliness of the property’s kitchens
• Responsible for managing and coordinating the Education, Health and Wellness and Programming segments of the guest experience to ensure we are providing innovative, current, and relevant material and a fresh experience, even for our return guests
• Responsible for the HR function for all the employees, including all hiring, training, performance and development of staff, either directly or indirectly through the Ranch’s Department Heads
• Leads weekly staff meetings and creates the agenda based on most important topics/issues
• Responsible for maintaining all systems, including but not limited to: Phone & Internet, AC/Heat, Well & Septic Systems and W/D’s
• Responsible for petty cash accounting and tracking of packaged goods & Ranch merchandise inventory
Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance preferred
Minimum of five years’ experience as the Director of Operations of a luxury hotel or equivalent
Willing to work a flexible schedule including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed.