• devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
• arranging travel, visas and accommodation
• international travel with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
• screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
• meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
• organizing and maintaining schedules and making appointments
• dealing with incoming email, faxes and correspondence, often corresponding on behalf of the Chairman
• carrying out background research and presenting findings
• producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
• organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings
• liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
In addition to supporting Chairman and managers, candidate may also have their own personal workload and responsibilities. These could include:
• carrying out specific projects and research
• responsibility for some accounts and budgets
• taking on some of the manager’s responsibilities and working more closely with management
• potentially making decisions and delegating work to others in the manager’s absence
• being involved as support in decision-making processes.
• Negotiable but depends on experience and qualifications.
Primarily 9:30am to 6pm.
Los Angeles – Downtown Office
High School Diploma required, BA/BS Degree strongly preferred. Areas of study encouraged:
• administration/secretarial studies
• general management
Required: a minimum of two years similar and relevant experience.
In addition to relevant experience and secretarial/administrative knowledge, you will need to show evidence of the following:
• ability to adapt to multi-cultural work environment particularly related to Chinese and other Asian cultures.
• exceptional written and oral communication skills
• excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages (most importantly MS Office, email, web navigation)
• knowledge and familiarity of all social media applications and utilities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WeChat, Periscope etc)
• ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• good organisational and time management skills
• ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely
• excellent interpersonal skills
• ability to work on your own initiative
• honesty and reliability
• attention to detail
• flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
• discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.