Position Description Summary
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as a proficiency in handling general administrative duties. He/she will be able to work autonomously and effectively to ensure that all HR projects and operations run smoothly and efficiently. To succeed in this role, the candidate should be familiar with HR software and tools such as applicant tracking software, HRIS, etc. The Human Resources Coordinator will provide HR support to all employees, with heavy emphasis on maintaining positive employee relations. The candidate will also serve as a liaison with other HR functions including Recruiting, Training, Payroll, and Benefits in order to manage and resolve issues as well as assist with HR process coordination.
• Consult directly with employee population. Provide timely response to all inquiries while working alongside HR team to ensure issues are resolved and escalated when necessary (i.e. timecard corrections, leave of absence management, status changes, separations, all related follow-up paperwork, etc.).
• Maintain personnel data (personal information, leave management, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and database systems and ensure all state/federal employment laws are followed.
• Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits, recruiting, etc.) as necessary.
• Support the hiring process as needed by recruiting team such as sourcing candidates, issuing employment agreements etc.
• Provide Administrative support to CHRO and HR team as needed through coordinating meetings, interviews, HR events, training sessions, seminars, etc. and maintain the team’s agenda.
• Conduct new hire orientations and onboarding as needed.
• Create and generate HR activity reports as needed such as turnover statistics, time to fill positions, etc.
• Assist HR leadership team with annual HR process coordination for goal setting, performance evaluations, etc.).
• Collaborate with management on initiatives to improve employee morale and reinforce core values.
• Provide back-up coverage and support within HR team and additional areas as needed.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact, discretion and diplomacy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a Human Resources function.
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with HR Information Systems.
• Desire to pursue a career in Human Resources and maintain knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
• Team oriented with the ability to flex in support of team members’ timelines and deliverables.