Household Operations Manager Job Description
About the Company
Safety, security, discretion and confidentiality are paramount in this position.
Work shall be done in a manner that is thoughtful, warm, efficient, collaborative; reflecting these values is key to success in this role with the principals, staff, and public. This family is under a high level of scrutiny and the person in this position must have the innate ability to observe and absorb the culture of the work environment and implement team values in all aspects of this support role.
The existing support staff works extraordinarily well together – they rely on and help each other resulting in a strong team. Current team includes: Managing Director, Executive Personal Assistant, Personal Assistant, Chefs, Nannies, Executive Housekeeper, Housekeepers, Facilities/Maintenance and Security.
Seeking an experienced manager to oversee day to day household operations and general maintenance for residences in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Household Operations Manager will be responsible for acting on behalf of the owners for all matters concerning residential property management, staff, event planning,
Qualities and Qualifications
• Energetic leader that will complement the team structure
• Executive-level and multi-year experience with an emphasis in managing complex staffing and service operations, and multifaceted estate management
• Proven ability to identify opportunities in process and service and create appropriate systems and protocols for efficiency and consistency
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks, strategically prioritize them and analyze risks and opportunities on approaches
• Ability to understand owner preferences and expectations and communicate those effectively
to staff through implementation of operations
• Professional, yet warm demeanor
• Understanding of employment and human resources best-practices
• Trustworthiness and integrity, always acting in the best interests of the owner
• Accountability, flexibility, and a “can do” attitude
• High level of integrity, emotionally intelligent, proactive, discreet, sense of humor
• Emphasis on confidentiality and privacy in regards to the owner’s private life
• Able to work legally in the U.S., valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Able to pass a thorough background investigation
Responsible for all essential daily operations of multiple locations in Bay Area.
• Seamlessly run the homes to minimize impact on owner and allow the home to be a place of relaxation and sanctuary for the family
• Oversee maintenance, service, home inventory and vendors
• Act as point person for family on daily estate functions
• Regularly check properties to make sure households are running with ease
• Working knowledge of physical house systems including smart home systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, internet, a/v equipment
• Work with Property Maintenance Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Personal Assistant to develop household manuals.
• Household staff management – hiring, training, supervision, schedule coordination and oversight, approving staff expenses and timesheets, performance management, review bonus and salary increases, etc. Empowers team to achieve excellence.
• Household calendar management
• Event planning and management, family entertainment, including arranging catering, valet services, party rentals, setup and takedown and other vendors
• Knowledge of wines, manage inventory
• Track petty cash and household expenditures, reconcile credit card and bank accounts
• Budget preparation and adherence as directed by Owner and Managing Director
• Promote and ensure staff respect for owner privacy and confidentiality in all matters
• Be familiar with home security operations and personal protection and liaise with key parties appropriately
• Work with Property Maintenance Manager to maintain rental properties
• Errands as needed
• Able to work in both PC and Mac environments, proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, Google Calendar, Asana, and Quip
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.