1. A Cup Of Jo – Much more than a mommy blog, author Joanna Goddard is a magazine writer turned blogger living with her two children in NYC. Joanna writes about motherhood as well as fashion, design, and travel. We especially love her holiday gift guides and Motherhood Mondays, which feature honest depictions of motherhood from women around the country.
2. Mother Mag – Brought to you by ex Senior West Coast Editor of Refinery29.com and James Kicinski McCoy of Bleubirdblog.com, Mother reads like a lifestyle blog. Offering up the savviest info on motherhood, style, beauty, food, and travel. We are a fan of their Motherhoods section which includes city guides packed with tips on the most kid friendly city spots. (Especially useful for a traveling nanny!)
3. Oh Happy Day!– Primarily a DIY/Design blog, Oh Happy Day has the most creative ideas for throwing any type of party. You will find inspirtation for DIY decor, invites, baby showers, wedding planning, and more. We especially love their colorful kid’s birthday parties. (Their cakes are to die for… the sprinkle cake DIY cannot be ignored!)
4. NieNie Dialogues– If you want to be inspired – read this blog. Stephanie Nielson, mother of 5, survived an almost deadly plane crash with her husband in 2008. Stephanie writes about her children, her husband, and her daily struggles. Her story is truly incredible.
5. Design Sponge- Design Sponge has been the go to blog for design lovers since 2004. Creator /writer Grace Bonney has impeccable taste, not to mention she is a huge supporter for women running design based businesses. There is something for everyone at Design Sponge, whether you like to entertain or are looking to spice up your home. We love their Spaces section which features different spaces around the country, they are even categorized as small, medium, and large. Design Sponge has everything from nursery ideas to kitchen renovation– and more!