This position is a temporary role from January 1 – December 2019; Monday – Friday from 9:00-7:00. $35-40/hour. There is a possibility that this role could relocate to Chicago after June or evolve into a traveling aide position.
The primary responsibility of the Personal Assistant is to support the overall activities and needs of the Principal while he is in Los Angeles. In close collaboration with the Chicago-based team, this position will be responsible for the ongoing and error-free tactical execution of scheduled activities and requests. In addition to providing personal assistance, he/she will have independent responsibilities solely under his/her direction including the ongoing oversight of the house/domestic staff in Los Angeles. As such, the Personal Assistant will be required to serve as the primary contact and liaison for all household activities including, but not limited to, coordinating with housekeeping and laundry services. He/she will oversee the quality of work and make certain any and all adjustments are made (if necessary) to maintain consistent quality for the Principal and guests. With regularity, this role will be the primary POC to the Principal while in Los Angeles and will need to keep information flow constant – both with the Principal and with the appropriate staff. The successful candidate will be able to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion, can work long hours when necessary, and is a proven problem solver.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee house/domestic staff in Los Angeles including —
• Provide the domestic support staff regular access to the home;
• Coordinate with Vice President of Operations on tasks and requests;
• Ensure quality control over household and personal requests (i.e. cleaning, laundry, errands, etc.);
• Coordinate with the Executive Assistant on —
• Travel arrangements (i.e. reservations, car service, entertainment);
• Meeting reminders 30 mins prior to scheduled event (via text and phone call);
• Run errands;
• Accompany Principal to meetings and provide support, as needed;
• Communicate with Chicago-based staff on directives, updates, approvals, requests, etc.;
• Perform general office duties (mail, federal express, prepare documents, printing, scanning, etc.);
• Supports Principal’s friends/family as requested;
• Special projects and assignments as requested.
• Emphasis on confidentiality and privacy;
• Punctual and responsible;
• Maintains a professional and neat appearance;
• Effectively and appropriately communicates with the Principal, the staff, and external audiences;
• Ability to juggle and manage multiple requests and projects;
• Impeccable integrity;
• Exercises excellent judgment;
• Detail oriented;
• Has a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves mindset and willing to take on “lower-level” and “higher level” work based on what needs to be done;
• Takes ownership. Constantly seeks opportunities to optimize processes and improve efficiency. Communicative and comfortable working with and through a range of different people and builds relationships quickly;
• Resilient and flexible. Seeks out direct feedback and has a keen ability to always think steps ahead;
• Resourceful and practical;
• Able to take direction/input, quickly and effectively sort out action plans;
• Valid Drivers’ License (the position will require driving the Principal at times).
This role is best suited for someone who has supported a high-profile or public figure and understands the demands of an ever-changing landscape and schedule. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of interacting with executives, and/or large organizations – and has demonstrated an ability to be resourceful and problem solve quickly and relay information succinctly. Above all, this position requires resourcefulness and a “get the job done” mentality and is calm under pressure. The ideal candidate thinks three steps ahead, is extremely flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment, is able to multi-task in real time, and is not fazed by taking on new responsibilities without much notice.