TITLE: House Attendant
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended or to be construed as an exclusive or exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
The job description is subject to change by the Estate Manager as deemed necessary.
The primary duty of House attendant is to provide detailed house cleaning, stocking and res-stocking of household supplies, handle all incoming and outgoing packages, assist and track all vendors activities, perform minor repair and maintenance and to provide excellent service for Principles and Guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Daily detailed cleaning duties: include but not limited to making beds and changing bedding and linens, daily thorough clean of all restrooms, bathtubs, showers, mirror and floors, ensure the highest level of cleanliness and neatness of the property by cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, polishing, disinfecting counter tops and table surfaces, conduct high dusting of shelves, fixtures, vents, moldings, railings, headboards, spot clean furniture, upholstery and carpets, maintain cleanliness of the stairwells, elevator, service areas and property outdoor/exterior areas by sweeping, mopping and dusting the areas. Use all approved cleaning tools and chemicals and follow all cleaning and safety standards.
• Receive, deliver and log all incoming and outgoing packages per standards
• Organization duties: assisting with closet organization, pantry, refill and restock all household items, linen inventory,
• Supplies duties: weekly inventory, maintain par level and purchase all items per standards.
• Trash and recycle duties
• Cleaning projects: polishing silver; washing crystal glasses, kitchen deep clean,
cleaning inside cabinets and drawers, grout cleaning, power washing hardscape of
• Other projects: rotating mattresses, moving furniture, household errands, household
plant care, arranging flowers, gift wrapping, assist with events setup and serving, cleaning and rotating seasonal clothing, or other projects request by estate manager or the Company.
• Maintenance duties: report and record all defects, assist property manager with vendor contact, perform basic troubleshoot and repair, regularly test and perform quality inspections, perform preventive maintenance procedures, vendor and project logging and tracking
• Prepare property/sections/rooms per Principles’/Guests’ preferences
• Handle and deliver all Principles’ requests per standards
• Maintain clean, neat and organized service areas
• Follow all safety and security policies ______________________________________________________________________
• Handle special projects as assigned
• Attend weekly meeting
• Participate property training and drills ______________________________________________________________________
• Physical requirements include the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 55 pounds a minimum of five times per day
• Must be able to reach above and below shoulders in all directions a minimum of one hundred times a day
• Occupational requirements for this position include ability to see, hear, and speak clearly and distinctly
• The mental ability required is high for reasoning, reading, remembering, writing and speaking
This position reports to the Estate Housekeeper ______________________________________________________________________
There are no supervisory duties related to this position ______________________________________________________________________
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to handle sensitive and confidential situations
• Able to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to work in a flexible work environment and schedules
• Organized with exceptional time management skills; ability to multiple tasks
• Ability to work efficiently and yield high quality results, is service oriented
• Working knowledge of computers and mobile phone and all related applications
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stopping, climbing, squatting, stretching, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
• Must be able to stand and exert well-placed mobility for up to 7 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• High school education required
• Minimum three years experience in a similar position, preferably within the
hotel/hospital industry ______________________________________________________________________
• Must possess legal work authorization in United States.
• Must have a valid United States driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Candidate must meet company’s insurance requirements.
• Successful completion of a background investigation including a drug test, criminal
history, credit report, and verification of employment and education. Security
background investigations will be updated periodically thereafter.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established
from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the household environment, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the needs of the household. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Company’s rules and regulations. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
I have read and understand this position description and understand that this job description may be revised at the Company’s discretion at any time to accommodate the changing needs of the company and the position.
_________________________________ Employee Signature
__________________________________ __________________ Print Name Date