The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended or to be construed as an exclusive or exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
The job description is subject to change by the Estate Manager as deemed necessary.
The primary duty of the Housekeeper is to provide detailed house cleaning, laundry, household organization and general care for the property and to provide excellent service for Principles and Guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Provide detailed cleaning per standards, include but not limited to making beds and changing bedding and linens, daily thorough clean of all restrooms, bathtubs, showers, mirror and floors, ensure the highest level of cleanliness and neatness of the property by cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, polishing, disinfecting counter tops and table surfaces, conduct high dusting of shelves, fixtures, vents, moldings, railings, headboards, spot clean furniture, upholstery and carpets, maintain cleanliness of the stairwells, elevator, service areas and property outdoor/exterior areas by sweeping, mopping and dusting the areas. Use all approved cleaning tools and chemicals and follow all cleaning and safety standards.
• Report any defects and repair needs
• Prepare property/sections/rooms per Principles’/Guests’ preferences
• Handle and deliver all Principles’ requests per standards
• Maintain clean, neat and organized service areas
• Perform weekly and quarterly tasks/projects – inventory check and request,
rotational cleaning and organization projects, products rotation and check expiration dates and routine inspection for cleanliness and functionality of all equipment (lights, shades, drawers, doors, etc.) within assigned sections.
• Follow all safety and security policies ______________________________________________________________________
• Handle special projects as assigned
• Attend weekly meeting
• Laundry duties: laundering clothing and household linens, send and receive dry cleaning per standards, organizing dry cleaning, including transferring clothes to different hangers and putting clothes away
• Participate property training and drills ______________________________________________________________________
• Physical requirements include the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 55 pounds a minimum of five times per day
• Must be able to reach above and below shoulders in all directions a minimum of one hundred times a day
• Occupational requirements for this position include ability to see, hear, and speak clearly and distinctly
• The mental ability required is high for reasoning, reading, remembering, writing and speaking
This position reports to the Estate Housekeeper ______________________________________________________________________
There is no supervisory duty related to this position ______________________________________________________________________
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to handle sensitive and confidential situations
• Able to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to work in a flexible work environment and schedules
• Organized with exceptional time management skills; ability to multiple tasks
• Ability to work efficiently and yield high quality results, is service oriented
• Working knowledge of computers and mobile phone and all related applications
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• High school education required
• Minimum three years experience in a similar position, preferably within the
hotel/hospital industry ______________________________________________________________________
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stopping, climbing, squatting, stretching, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
• Must be able to stand and exert well-placed mobility for up to 7 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must possess legal work authorization in United States.
• Must have a valid United States driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Candidate must meet company’s insurance requirements.
• Successful completion of a background investigation including a drug test, criminal history, credit report, and verification of employment and education. Security background investigations will be updated periodically thereafter.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the household environment, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the needs of the household. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Company’s rules and regulations. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
09/29/2021 | housekeepers | san francisco area | open