Thanksgiving without turkey is becoming more popular as a result of medically imposed dietary restrictions, allergies, and ever changing food trends. Even if you eat it, chances are someone attending your meal does not. After all, no one says you HAVE to serve turkey on Thanksgiving.
Here’s our top 5 allergy friendly dishes for family members or guests who are vegetarian, vegan, gluten, or dairy free. Phew- I think we almost covered them all.
1. Vegetarian: Jennifer Perillo’s french onion tart. (You can also make this dish gluten free)
2. Vegan: Hearty, delicious, and great for leftovers Vegan Shepherds Pie
3. Gluten free: Rich and complex flavors minus the gluten Gluten free potato gratin
4. Instead of turkey: Nutloaf that can satisfy as a main dish (Meat lovers have been known to love this dish!)
5. Dessert: Dairy, wheat, corn, and oat free Mexican Tofu Pudding