This is the job of your dreams! This International family is looking for the following person!
Responsibilities include tasks associated with the following categories (but not limited to):
1. Front-line Liaison. Screen, manage and direct all incoming and outgoing requests via phone, email and in-person with high-profile business associates, donors, board members, media, household staff, social contacts and family. Quickly get to know who’s who, build relationships and ensure all communications are handled in a timely fashion. Open, prioritize and follow up with mail and email.
2. Scheduling. Strategic schedule management to maximize employer’s time as she travels between 3 homes. Organize time to ensure the fulfillment of professional, family and personal obligations Book business and personal appointments, conference calls, send invitations, confirm attendees, make restaurant reservations, etc.. Prioritize meetings and resolve schedule conflicts.
3. Project & Task Management. Oversee wide range of business, family and personal projects and tasks. Ensure timely completion of tasks of immediate, medium and long term nature, with nothing falling through the cracks, tracking deadlines, breaking down projects into doable steps, and helping employer complete all obligations.
4. Meeting Prep and Support. Assist in coordinating and compiling presentations. Create agendas, assemble background material, do relevant research and prepare “talking points” and “who’s who” briefing memos. Attend business meetings, take notes and disseminate–ensuring all follow ups are completed.
5. Outreach Support. Research targets and vendors; do initial reach-outs to request meetings and lunches, background prep for initial meetings. Draft/edit correspondence including cover letters, thank you notes, gift cards, etc.
6. *Event Management. Assist with coordination of private events (hosted dinners, weekend visitors, parties) including keeping invitation lists, seating charts, guest preferences, catering and wine choices, etc.
7. Information and *Contact Management. Keep contact database fully up to date at all times, and produce lists for parties, holiday mailings and birthdays. Maintain highly organized paper and digital files for easy retrieval. Track, submit and follow up on all expenses that need to be submitted for reimbursement. Ensure all paperwork and records related to children’s school is completed and submitted on time.
8. Ad Hoc tasks, as needed. Flexibility to provide service as requested or by anticipating needs – running out to pick up coffee, packages, gifts, shopping, lunch or bring documents to the airport. Help family members with travel and other needs. Assist with special projects and ad hoc research as assigned by the employer
9. Manage staff. Manage HR and scheduling of two housekeepers and one nanny/family assistant to support activities, events and work of employer. Help line up UK based staff schedules to do the same.
1. Minimum of 5 years experience as high level executive assistant a must.
2. Experience working with high profile exec balancing Work, Personal, Family, Entertaining.
3. College Degree or relative business experience in related field — non-profit, communications, hospitality, business.
4. Experience with liaising with household staff
• Based in LA
• Able to travel to UK
• Resourceful, great negotiating skills and sense of humor a plus
• Strong & confident presence
• Demonstrate ability to effectively multi-task using exceptional judgment in a fast-paced environment, able to prioritize tasks and follow through on issues in a timely manner
• Proven experience maintaining high level of discretion
CRITERIA FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
1. Exceptional communication skills-succinct and precise in written and verbal
2. Energetic, positive presence. Good negotiator, able to get along with wide variety of people. Able to represent employer’s interests while making others feel well taken care of and create win-wins.
3. Efficient and effective. Gets things done. Able to track, manage and prioritize assignments of short, medium and long term nature, with nothing falling through the cracks.
4. Flexible-willing to tackle any task with enthusiasm and vigor, spin-on-a-dime, and adapt to changes in information, direction or priorities.
5. Self-motivated. Organizes workload, produces results, and delivers on deadlines without needing reminders, or daily supervision.
6. Ability to anticipate needs and plan accordingly– Get to know employer’s preferences and style, and proactively plan to provide what is needed before asked. Always look ahead in calendar to anticipate opportunities and conflicts and make appropriate adjustments to ensure things run smoothly.
7. Good team player, respectful of others–easily moving between working independently, taking direction and collaborating with employer, family, business and household staff in three locations.
8. Meticulous attention to detail. Understands the nuances of communication and presentation , and upholds the highest standards of excellence, accuracy and completion.
9. Business savvy-Able to grasp full context of employer’s activities and values and exercise good judgement when facing new opportunities, conflicting priorities, and difficult decisions.
10. Computer and social media savvy, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps and cloud based email, calendar and file management platforms.