Chief of Staff or estate manager with hospitality background needed in Chicago
Posted : 08/20/23
A very busy philanthropic family is seeking a hyper organized, proactive, and seasoned hospitality manager to manage multiple homes. We are seeking experience in a large-scale home property. This candidate needs to already possess a firm grasp of the ins and outs of running a property. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with a checklist of property maintenance items and a rolodex of vendors. Our ideal candidate understands how to offer 5-star service to the principal and their guests on the property. Being that this is a diverse position, it is imperative that the Estate Manager possess the ability to be a role model and be able to interact with all people. Having the understanding that “switching gears” may happen more often than not.
Looking for someone who is positive, friendly, upbeat — someone who is professional and switched on at all times. The ideal candidate is a team player, but also a great manager and delegator, and will take accountability, providing clear explanations if when things go wrong. The home is fully staffed and the team is amazing – everyone works very well together, so it will take a special person who can jump right in, mesh with the others, and hit the ground running. The candidate will liaise directly with the house manager personal assistant of the Principal. We would like to find someone who has experience running large estates (10,000sfplus) and has worked with house manuals, preferably having a rolodex of contacts of their own to bring to the table.
There are multiple properties therefore this person will liaise with the staff running those properties as well — coordinating vendor schedules etc. We are seeking someone kid and animal friendly, honest, trustworthy, and dependable. MUST have a proven track record of working within a large home, preferably with longevity in each role, and have a squeaky clean background check. Ideal candidates live in Chicago area in case of an immediate need after hours. Looking for a long term fit who will love and care for their home as if it were their own!
Duties will include:
– Conduct regular walk-throughs of the home and grounds and daily checklists
– Schedule, supervise, and upkeep maintenance schedules for household vendors: HVAC, electrician, plumbing, generator, well systems, etc.
– Supervise construction and renovation projects, from design to coordination of schedules and daily oversight of subcontractors.
– Maintain and update household manuals, menus, guest guide books, inventories, etc.
– Develop shopping lists for all household requirements (cleaning, maintenance, food, liquor, etc). Order and maintain household supply inventories: cleaning supplies, beverages, and snacks, etc.
– Maintain seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs: landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
– Manage the grounds, including landscaping, and pool
– Ensure that all appliances are fully functioning at all times
– Identify and schedule repairs
– Screen and oversee vendors
– Compare multiple bids and estimates
– Supervise work and review invoices (ensure invoices match up with the work performed)
– Maintain storage units and closet organization. In some cases, develop new organizational systems
– Coordinate onsite activities and provide day-to-day direction of onsite staff (housekeepers, etc)
– Car maintenance and washing schedules
– Handle and care for fine furniture and collectibles.
– Provide occasional assistance with travel and lodging plans
– Oversee all events and dinner parties, orchestrating staff accordingly.
– Greet guests and provide formal (but comfortable) service during the visit.
Experience Qualifications Required:
4-Year College Degree is a plus. At least 5 plus years of directly applicable experience as a house manager property manager or hotel manager. Candidate needs to have previously managed a large-scale home or property (boutique hotel, inn, vacation homes, etc) and be familiar with a high standard of service and hospitality. We will only consider candidates with a proven track record of operating in a trustworthy and discreet manner. We are also looking for a humble and friendly person.
***Must pass an extensive background and credit check. Must provide multiple references.***
This job has been filled.
This job has been filled, but feel free to checkout some of our other open postings!Go to jobs page