Executive Personal Assistant in Washington DC
Posted : 08/30/23
Executive Personal Assistant Office Administrator to Highly Active Founder to CEO and his Family Office Team
Washington, D.C. region
Our client is a family office and private investment company, which invests in and advises early-stage innovative businesses solving for the emerging and existing needs of our communities. Temerity’s investment portfolio includes technology companies, as well as sports, entertainment, and development opportunities that contribute to a city’s revitalization and economic growth.
The founder is an entrepreneur, business leader and lawyer. He is supported by a central staff of 10 that manages his business and personal interests.
We are looking for an Executive Personal Assistant Office Administrator who will support the founder – a highly active and accomplished executive with many overlapping obligations – and his Family Office team. This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate will gracefully navigate between many types of work as described below:
• Office Administrator: Maintain office in Washington, D.C. office, process mail for the firm and related entities, handle security and access concerns, and manage in-person events at the office. Expected to appear in the office at least twice each week. Additionally, support Partner, Chief of Staff and the full team in arranging meetings, scheduling firm-wide engagements, and ad hoc research and project management as needed.
• Executive Assistant: Perform duties such as professional scheduling, contact and calendar maintenance, assist in planning corporate social events as needed, and perform other ad hoc administrative duties as needed.
• Personal Assistant: Seize opportunity and bring your experience to support the principal and his wife, who is also a highly active CEO, and their two adolescent children. Tasks will include calendar management, travel planning (from flight arrangements to dinner plans), coordination with household staff, maintenance of family accounts and memberships, planning family functions and parties, owning and managing correspondence such as holiday cards, sourcing and purchasing items as directed (from Mother’s Day flowers to furniture), and working with Director of Finance to ensure all expenses are appropriately captured and categorized (5-10 hour weekly of bookkeeping work expected).
• Research Assistant: As bandwidth allows, support the Partner and team in research projects such as due diligence of possible investments, review of ongoing philanthropic endeavors.
• Property Management: Occasional interaction with the team that supports principal’s three properties. The candidate will occasionally be expected to appear in person at one or more of these properties (located in the Washington, D.C. region).
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Tech Savvy: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience working with Apple systems,
comfortable working with technology solutions such as password managers, CRM and others.
• Flexibility: No task is too big or too small, and you’re willing to roll up your sleeves as needed.
Ability to be flexible based on principal and family needs.
• Communication and interpersonal skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Organization, time management and prioritization skills: Demonstrated strong organizational
and prioritization skills in a high paced environment prone to changing priorities. Proven ability
to successfully multi-task.
• Good judgment: The confidence to make informed good decisions independently.
• Problem solving skills: Resourceful and proven smart problem-solving skills.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
• The candidate must be vaccinated.
• The candidate must have a drivers license and be willing to occasionally drive to one or more of
the principal’s properties.
Compensation and benefits
• Competitive salary ($70,000plus, commensurate with experience)
• Medical, vision and dental insurance for self and dependents
• Life ADtoD, short term disability and long-term disability insurance
• 401k plan
• Hybrid work: You will be expected to appear in the office at least twice each week and
occasionally you will be asked to report in person to one of the principal’s properties, as coordinated with ample notice.
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a policy
of equal treatment and opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
Registered Candidates, let us know you're interested in this job!
For existing The Help Company candidates only
Job Interest Form
"*" indicates required fields
New to The Help Company?
Before expressing interest in one of our open positions, we need to learn a little more about you. Please complete our New Candidate Registration form to get started!NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION