Fabulous House manager needed in the Palisades
Posted : 02/15/23
HOUSE MANAGER, PACIFIC PALISADES
A private family seeks to hire an experienced, detail-oriented, confident, and well-rounded Junior House Manager to support their private household’s daily operations. The successful candidate will provide in-person support to the members of the team and assist with day-to-day tasks to assure the household is running smoothly. This role will suit a smart highly organized proactive self-starter who can work calmly under pressure, and successfully tackle new and unfamiliar tasks. Must be a strong gatekeeper who understands privacy, can manage staff, knows smart home technology and can tactfully manage and build relationships.
Candidates must be able to work independently or with incredible oversight. Will report to the Chief of Staff. The environment is very causal and down to earth, but everyone understands how to remain professional and works with efficiency and a true service mentality.
Ideal candidate is service oriented, positive, kind, grounded, calm, and brings a great attitude to work every day. There will be the need for travel to Florida on a regular basis for 3 or more days at a time.
The LA residence is approximately 16,000sqft. There are 2 additional properties in Newport Beach that need bi-monthly visits in order to keep them running smoothly. There are also an extensive Florida property and you’ll be working hand-in-hand with the staff there to ensure that all maintenance issues are being addressed in a timely fashion and to help oversee large scale projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Tech savvy- can troubleshoot A/V equipment; operate Crestron, Internet issues & theater system.
– Maintain all aspects of home i.e. maintenance schedule, cost management, managing vendors, sourcing new vendors.
– Staff management (3 housekeepers, 2 housemen, regular landscaping and pool vendors crew).
– Supervise and support all household staff including construction, landscaping, housekeeping, chefs, IT and various other vendors.
– Manage house codes including door passcodes, guest entry, smoke and security alarms.
– Receive and ship packages and manage returns.
– Maintain and update all household manuals, policies and processes, while keeping track on any changes.
– Ensure the day-to-day flow of life is always managed, as well as a daily/ weekly/ monthly checklist.
– Maintaining seasonal routines and procedures for the household interior and exterior needs: landscaping, window washing, power washing, etc.
– Supervise construction and renovation projects, from design to coordination of schedules, inspections during various construction phases, monitoring permits, and daily oversight of subcontractors.
– Oversee all maintenance of the Automobiles. (fuel, wash, service)
– Support scheduling and smooth operations (orchestrating staff accordingly) for all events at the residences.
– Working closely with COS to manage estate records and budgets of all properties.
– Submit all purchase orders and vendor invoices with COS authorization; submit for processing.
– Check on regular household supplies to ensure they’re always readily available.
– Assist with planning, organizing and coordinating house events including parties, holiday events and overnight guests.
– Raise household issues with COS, keep and maintain a running list and follow up until tasks are completed or dismissed.
– Maintain various lists – vendor, general contact, etc. and update them as needed to ensure proper logins and passwords are recorded for the home.
– Conduct research, assemble data, and prepare reports.
– Shop for groceries/household needs/ clothing, gifting, etc (at the grocery store/instacart/Amazon/ etc)
– Drop off and pick up dry cleaning, run errands, etc.
A comprehensive background check will be run upon an offer being made.
• Must have dependable car, valid driver’s license and car insurance
• Strong computer and tech skills with the ability to use G suite and other programs necessary to carry out job functions, including workflow management programs, cloud databases, employee time clock, and smart home systems.
• High customer service orientation – highly responsive, strong interpersonal and communication skills, wants to deliver great results at all times.
• Organized – excellent at time and project management, has clear systems and composure to deal with multiple tasks at once and ensures everything gets done in a timely manner.
• Flexible – must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced environment; doesn’t get frustrated by priorities changing; open to feedback, adjusts to different working styles.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and problem solver – a creative thinker, interested in the big picture.
• On time, accountable, honest and trustworthy
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
• Respectful, well-mannered and polite.
• Must be able to travel
• Able to perform physical, hands-on tasks in order to assist the household and staff office to run well. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Long-term intent.
Monday- Friday 9am-6pm with some early mornings/evenings as required. 24/7 on call/text and always responsive to correspondence. Flexibility on start/end times is required, in addition to the ability to work overtime or a weekend when it is needed.
Salary and Benefits
Salary dependent on experience. Health benefits, unlimited vacation and 401K.
New to The Help Company?
Before expressing interest in one of our open positions, we need to learn a little more about you. Please complete our New Candidate Registration form to get started!NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION