House Manager with a heart needed in West Valley
House Manager Job Description
• This is a 13,000 square foot home with a guest house, swimming pool, car garage/wine room on approximately 2.8 acres in hidden hills, california
• The house is a smart home with modern audio/visual, security, lighting, HVAC and WiFi systems with back up generators (will be installed) for essential functions of the main home and the entire guest house. There are 4 vehicles.
• In residence are a middle-aged married couple and the wife’s mother. A highly trained and well disciplined german shepherd is the family pet.
• The husband suffers from chronic Lyme disease and requires non-medical round the clock care and assistance. The wife also has chronic Lyme disease but can function at a high level with personal assistance and some care and is the Estate Manager.
• Will be looking for 4 round the clock caregivers for assistance to both parties as well as household chores including cleaning, laundry, errands and light cooking. Principal cooking is provided by the wife’s mother. Principal has an assistant in Los Angeles area.
• Future plans may include hiring a housekeeper.
• This is a fragrance and chemical free environment
• This will be a full time position with benefits. There is some flexibility in initially establishing a fixed schedule. Candidate can expect some off hour calls for problem solving and/or emergencies.
• Supervise existing staff. Maintain schedules, set expectations, monitor performance and resolve conflicts and issues that may arise.
• Manage all communications between the wife and all staff and service providers to relieve her stress and make effective use of her limited time due to her health concerns and abilities.
• Assist in any and all care and assistance activities to supplement existing staff when and if needed.
• Report any items in the house in need of repairs or enhancements and discuss with wife.
• Help with medical bills insurance submission/follow up
• Schedule and coordinate appointments and drive either party to them. May require use of a wheel chair.
• Schedule and coordinate household service providers, repairs and improvements as directed by either party.
• Maintain inventories of medical supplies, vitamins and supplements, water, food etc. and shop or order as necessary.
• Provide personal assistance to the wife including bill paying as requested, correspondence, online shopping, miscellaneous errands and any tasks that enable her to fully concentrate her limited energy on their health.
• Conduct research on a wide array of topics and present info to the wife
• Schedule and take all vehicles in for maintenance, registration and keep gassed.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Well established supervisory skills in a household or similar environment.
• Excellent communication, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of building and grounds systems and components.
• Working knowledge of computers, smart phones, A/V systems and the local area.
• Desire to provide invaluable life assistance to people who are limited by illness.
• Able to anticipate needs and translate into action.
• Able to calmly yet with determination implement personnel decisions.
New to The Help Company?
Before expressing interest in one of our open positions, we need to learn a little more about you. Please complete our New Candidate Registration form to get started!NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION