Housemanager extraordinaire needed in the Palisades
Posted : 01/01/70
Established family with a busy household is seeking a highly driven, organized, and motivated household manager to supervise the day-to-day operation. The candidate should be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and a love for an incredibly busy home. The house manager must be professional and discreet at all times, maintain a strong work ethic, and be incredibly detail oriented and flexible. You will be the hub of administrative activity in the household.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Supervise housekeeping staff and landscapers to ensure meticulous standards for the home and property are met at all times. Participate in decisions to hire, fire and discipline.
• Handle and safeguard extremely confidential information with discretion, and deal professionally and diplomatically with staff members and business professionals.
• Act as a liaison with vendors. This includes obtaining competitive bids from vendors for home improvements or repairs and supervising vendors when they are in the home or on the property.
• Report any items in the house in need of repairs or enhancements and report these issues to the appropriate maintenance person and supervise maintenance vendor in repairs upon approval.
• Act as a liaison between house staff and the estate manager.
• Calendar and schedule regular service appointments to ensure that all areas of the home and grounds are functioning at the highest level.
• Maintain and oversee the house security system.
• Oversee a Crestron based “smart home” system.
• Ensure various household errands are completed. No errand should be deemed as “too big” or “too small.”
• Maintain an updated list of household contacts.
• Create and update a household manual.
• Manage household mail.
• Ensure maintenance of family cars.
The ideal candidate will:
• Maintain a flexible schedule
• Be willing to work occasional nights, weekends, or holidays when needed for events
• Possess a positive, “can do” attitude in which no task is too big or too small.
• Have a “team player” attitude and be willing to step up and assist another staff member when needed, even when the task is outside the realm of the formal job description.
• Maintain the highest level of professionalism.
• Be sweet, kind, and warm when dealing with family members
• Be a proactive, self-starter, that is excellent with time management skills and multi-tasking. There should never be a moment when this individual is sitting around with “nothing to do.”
• Demonstrate a high level of common sense and stellar decision-making skills.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or above.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of work in a private household. Personal Assistant and/or House Manager experience preferred. Experience working in a fine home preferred.
• Clean driving record.
• CPR and First Aid certified.
• Fluency is Spanish is preferred but not required.
• Monday – Friday, typically 10-:00am-7:00pm, with total flexibility for evenings, weekends, and overnights when necessary.
• Competitive salary.
• Excellent benefits.
This job has been filled.
This job has been filled, but feel free to checkout some of our other open postings!Go to jobs page