Generous and kind CEO is in needed of a true C-Level Executive Assistant who loves what they do. This is for a career oriented EA who will be thrilled to commit long term to a wonderful CEO and organization. This position will be in the office, Monday-Friday, typically 8:30am-5:30pm.
This position is salaried, with a rich benefits package of medical, dental & vision insurance plus a 401k!
Executive Assistant, Office of the Family
Position Summary: The Corporation is a family business wholly owned by the Family. The Office of the Family requires a highly flexible and personable individual who is dedicated to serving the needs of others with great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the highest standards of personal excellence, integrity, and maintaining confidentiality. In addition, this individual should lead with authenticity, curiosity, autonomy, and the ability to connect with others.
The Executive Assistant will work with executives, family members, administrators, and other professionals across the organization as well as residential staff and third-party contractors to undertake a process-based approach to work, enact operational excellence, and consistently meet and exceed expectations. This professional will demonstrate an ability to lead with business judgment and discernment and exercise considerable discretion.
Build, supervise, and operate the administrative function for the family office. Structure the family office administrative function to support multiple generations of family members.
• Respond in a highly efficient, flexible, and personable way to a variety of tasks
• Manage incoming and outgoing office communications
• Document management
• Calendar management
• Plan, negotiate, and secure all necessary office resources and requirements
• Manage subscriptions and memberships
• Keep contacts up to date
Arrange all aspects of experiences and personal business for the family:
• Arrange all aspects of world class travel experiences for the family and invited guests throughout the year
• Manage company resources for the family and Corporation members, including residence access, theater passes, sports event tickets, etc.
• Assist in planning and executing family events
• Manage all aspects of procurement for family and family office
• Manage medical bills, insurance coverage, reimbursements, and other related health care items for the family including proactively scheduling annual check-ups and other medical appointments
Work with family accountant, Corporation tax and accounting, and family members to:
• Meet the day-to-day financial needs of the family
• Administer expense reports
• Coordinate personal charitable giving
• Coordinate with the tax department on tax compliance and needs
• Manage personal and property insurance (US and UK)
• Assist with estate planning work with outside attorneys and internal tax resources
• Assist with processing vendor payments
• Work with family, the Director of Residences, and house staff in the maintenance of the family homes
• Maintain accurate records, calendars, files, contact information, and house binders
Necessary Experience and Skills
• Minimum of ten years’ experience as an executive assistant or personal assistant to the CEO of a significant enterprise
• Bachelor’s degree
• History of using technology as an enabler, with proficiency in Office 365 applications
• Initiate a continuous process improvement approach and systematically deploy best practices in office administration
• Maintain a forward-thinking stance to stay ahead of the things that need to happen and lead business operations, rather than simply being responsive to requests
• Process mastery:
Make merit-based decisions, both individually and collectively
Foster a disposition for process building and systems thinking through every task and project
Work to ensure that all aspects of work are transparent and not person-dependent.
• Build systems and structures to reduce dependence on any one person and to enable others’ autonomy
• Demonstrate a high level of partnership, collaboration, proactivity, and autonomy; avoid projecting self-importance or the need to control
• Understand preferences and tastes
• Lead with suggestions and solutions
• Perform small tasks quickly so they do not require further inquiry
• Organize and prioritize work independently, delegate tasks and projects as appropriate
• Deploy excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar and syntax
• Pay attention to details
• Maintain a high standard of etiquette and professionalism in representing CEO and family
• Exercise considerable discretion and maintain appropriate confidentiality
• Demonstrate a drive towards self-development and a desire to help others develop