Founded in 1970, The Corporation is a privately-held owner and manager of single-tenant NNN long-term leased real estate located across the US. A second-generation family business, The Corporation’s portfolio holdings include properties leased by Starbucks, FedEx, QuikTrip, 7-11, Dunkin’ Donuts, and In-N-Out Burger, among others. A specialist in providing long-term capital to growing companies through sale-leasebacks, ground leases, and build-to-suits, The Corporation strives to create long-lasting partnerships with its employees, tenants, development partners, and vendors.
As a family business, we work to create a positive environment where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company as well as a collaborative environment where everyone feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
This position will primarily be remote, but employee must sit in Los Angeles and be available to meet in person as needed (max 1-2x a week).
Director of Finance and Operations
The Director of Finance and Operations will be in charge of all aspects of The Corporation’s financial operations, working closely with the company’s Principals and outside tax and accounting firms. General responsibilities will include:
• Billpay, A/R, A/P – Handle all aspects of Billpay, A/R, A/P and related operational and tracking processes for the business and family.
• Bookkeeping/Monthly Reconciliation – Manage complete month-end closing process.
• Financial Reporting – Prepare financial statements, budgets, etc. for business and family office.
• Coordination with Tax Advisors – Oversee ongoing and year-end state and federal tax compliance and all related tax matters.
• Tenant Receivables – Track A/R from tenants, coordinating with internal departments on tax or reimbursements owed by tenant and following up with tenant on missing/delayed payments.
• Lender Compliance – Coordinate, review, and approve compilation letters, financial statements, and tax filings for timely delivery to lenders (as per reporting requirements); calculate and deliver relevant Compliance Certificates and loan covenant calculations as required.
• 1099 Coordination – Prepare and distribute any 1099s.
• Inter-Entity Management – Coordinate transfers between entities and coordinate/track inter-entity documentation.
• HR Coordination – work with payroll provider to submit payroll, including 401K payments, and other required benefits administration, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
• 7+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience. Experience in a family office and/or a real estate firm strongly preferred, but not required.
• BA/BS in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in accounting; CPA preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks/Xero and payroll providers such as ADP/Gusto. Knowledge of Bill.com a plus, but not required.
• Must be trustworthy, highly motivated and self-directed with a strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail; successful candidates will also be responsive, good at follow-through, and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• We value enthusiasm and a problem-solving mindset!
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation range of $130k – $150k, depending on background and experience.
• Candidate will be eligible for Company retirement and medical benefits package.
Position is full-time, exempt and is available for an immediate start date, working remotely (employee in Los Angeles is preferred, with the ability to meet in person as needed, max 1-2x a week), with potential travel at least 4 times a year for company-wide meetings.
Please submit your salary requirement along with a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity. The Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.