Family Assistant wanted to care for 13 year old boy and 9 year old girl after school, Monday-Friday, from 3-8pm:
1. Read / write / speak fluent English and be able to communicate clearly.
2. Have valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, reliable transportation, and clean driving record.
3. Be drug and smoke free.
4. Be well organized, reliable, honest, and trust worthy.
5. Be able to follow directions clearly, and maintain household boundaries, schedules and routines.
6. Be able to multi-task.
7. Be a fan of the outdoors and enjoy outdoor activities (i.e. hiking, swimming, riding bikes, going to the movies, beach, park, etc)
8. Be ok with cats and dogs.
9. Know how to swim
1. Light housekeeping / tidying up- (i.e. assist kids w/laundry, dishes, vacuuming, taking out the trash, keeping their room clean and organized, and kitchen and living space free of clutter); keep refrigerator and cupboards organized
2. Pickups / drop-offs as needed (to and from school, music lessons, tutoring, sports practice, play dates, sleepovers, auditions, and other after school / extra curricular activities) 3. Chaperone / attend above events when required
4. Keeping kids “on task” / make sure homework and chores (see #1) get completed everyday and help out as needed
5. Make sure kids are organized and ready for next school day
6. Prepare nutritious dinner, lunch, and snacks for kids every day (pick up groceries and meal prep as needed)
7. Running errands (i.e. groceries, dropping off / picking up prescriptions, dry cleaning, school supplies, birthday presents, etc if needed).
8. Duties could (occasionally) include scheduling appointments (i.e. dentist, doctor, wellness); making reservations (movie, dinner, theater, music and other events); creating and / or responding to invitations; entering events into family calendar; helping out with special events hosted at our home
BONUS points if you are someone who…
1. Enjoys getting outdoors / enjoys outdoor activities (i.e. hiking, swimming, riding bikes, going to the movies, beach, park, etc) and encourages kids to do the same
2. Comes from a music background and / or is interested music (both kids play musical instruments -piano, and bass) and can help with music lessons and practice
3. Likes amusement park rides
4. Is athletic, creative, and fun
5. Enjoys dramatic arts (both kids have agents), and can help
run lines and get ready for auditions