We need a great assistant who has experience and is willing to gain more or is happy in a career assistant role. In addition to running her show and managing multiple upcoming projects, our client has two children (3 and 6 yrs old) who also have fun, busy schedules. There’s a constant flow between the professional (production side) and the personal.
What won’t work is someone who plans to dip their toe in the assistant pool for a few months and then expects to move on up the industry ladder.
We’ve included all the basics below:
• Experience as personal assistant and/or covering a high volume entertainment industry desk (agents, managers, production execs)
• Thorough understanding of the flexibility and varied requirements of a Creative working in the industry (production schedules, last minute appearances, working with agents, business managers, PR, etc.)
• Ability to work on-call via phone and occasional weekends
• Preferably based on the westside of Los Angeles
• Driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable transportation
• College degree preferred
Typical Duties Include:
• Heavy calendar management of personal and professional appointments
• Gatekeeper and liaison between professional team, external vendors, and business associates
• Tracking and prioritizing ongoing projects, providing reminders and ensuring important deadlines are met
• Personal, household shopping and other errands
• Travel planning and booking
Manage scheduling across family, personal, and business calendars. Booking and confirming personal and professional appointments, setting calls and meetings. Assist with time management through reminders and proactively handling scheduling conflicts. Manage scheduling and secure reservations for both personal and business meetings.
Maintain organization for business and professional projects. Perform research and compile information as needed. Serve as gatekeeper and primary point of contact for professional associates (managers, agents, publicists, business contacts, etc.)
General administrative tasks like mail sorting, paperwork, organization of documents etc.
External Correspondence for professional and personal contacts.
Travel planning, working directly with travel agents or production to manage scheduling and itineraries for personal and business travel. This includes flight coordination and booking, making changes, scheduling ground transportation, accommodations, etc.
Coordinate information, details, and scheduling for creative professional projects and personal or household projects. Perform research and compile information as needed. Communicate with external vendors, collect budget information, manage scheduling. Present info in an organized way to support decision making and maintain project momentum
As needed, assist in planning and coordinating activities, classes, school schedules. Ensure that parents are up-to-date on school events, activities and school requirements. Coordinate with parents and nanny to ensure that needs are being met. Activity & class scheduling, doctor appts, and any scheduling that overlaps with parent schedule.
Personal and Household Operations
Schedule and coordinate vendors, repair workers, deliveries. Handle personal shopping requests and errands including gift buying. Online shopping & internet research (product reviews, price comparison etc.)
Set appointments and coordinate personal care providers.
Salary starts at $1200-1500/week, DOE + benefits.