Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO
Position Summary: The Corporation is a family business wholly owned by the Family. The Executive Assistant will work with executives, family members, administrators, and other professionals across the organization as well as residential staff and third-party contractors to undertake a process-based approach to work and to enact operational excellence. They will demonstrate an ability to lead with business judgment and discernment.
• Help build, supervise, and operate the administrative function for the Family and the Corporation.
– Help structure the Family administrative function to support multiple generations of family members. Working independently, supervising other administrative assistants, and / or working with the office community:
♣ Manage calendar, phone, and email
♣ Arrange logistics for business meetings and meals
♣ Manage company resources for the family and company, including residence access, theater passes, sports event tickets, etc.
♣ Support family members with outside needs (e.g. college arrangements)
• Concierge services
– Arrange world class travel experiences for the family and invited guests on two set annual trips and various other trips throughout the year.
♣ Research destinations and direct trip planning
♣ Arrange ground, air, and sea transportation
♣ Arrange accommodation and dining logistics
♣ Curate memorable experiences for all involved
♣ Maintain birthday and significant event calendar and research, recommend, and purchase gifts for family and friends
♣ Purchase rare books and other items of family interest, maintain collection databases, and manage insurance coverage
♣ Manage purchases of large items (e.g. cars)
♣ Procure event tickets
– Event Planning
♣ Assist in planning and executing family events
♣ Plan and oversee events including the holiday event, summer event, quarterly company off-site meetings, and company board meetings.
Attendees (excluding the board meeting) generally run into the hundreds.
• Financial Management
– Work with family accounting, accounting, tax, and family members to:
♣ Meet the day-to-day financial needs of the family
♣ Manage foreign and domestic accounts and facilitate reporting to the family on cashflow
♣ Create annual budgets
♣ Coordinate personal charitable giving
♣ Coordinate with the tax department on tax compliance and needs
– Manage insurance (US and UK)
– Track investments in various entities and develop reporting for the family
– Coordinate estate planning work with outside attorneys and internal tax resources
• Minimum of ten years experience as executive assistant or personal assistant to the CEO of a significant enterprise
• Bachelor’s degree
• History of using technology as an enabler, with proficiency in applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
• Build systems and structures to reduce dependence on any one person and to enable others’ autonomy
• Demonstrate a high level of partnership, collaboration, proactivity, and autonomy; avoid projecting self-importance or the need to control
• Understand preferences and tastes
• Lead with suggestions and solutions
• Perform small tasks quickly so they do not require further inquiry
• Organize and prioritize work independently; delegate tasks and projects as appropriate
• Deploy excellent written and oral communication skills, including grammar and syntax
• Pay attention to details
• Maintain a high standard of etiquette in representing CEO and family
• Exercise considerable discretion and maintain appropriate confidentiality
• Demonstrate a drive towards self-development and a desire to help others develop