Managing Director of Family Office
POSITION: Managing Director of Family Office
LOCATION: Ventura, California
The founders (the “Family”) of a well-known private company (the “Company”) are seeking an adaptable, honest, experienced and self-sufficient leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to establish and run their family office. This individual must, above all, share a love of the outdoors and a commitment to the environmentally and socially conscious business practices on which the Company was founded and upon which it operates today. The family office will operate in close collaboration with the Company, in offices located at its Southern California headquarters. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with visionary business leaders and to help them extend their reach and effect change through their personal investments, philanthropy and activism efforts.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of this role will be broad and varied and include:
• Develop and implement the family office strategic investment and operational plan.
• Oversight of all family assets, including investment accounts, properties, trusts and other interests.
• Develop and oversee the management and strategic development of the family office.
• Establish and maintain a financial and operating environment that is focused on ethical standards and the family’s core values.
• Oversee preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and periodic portfolio reports.
• Liaise with the lawyers, trustees, accountants, real estate brokers and other external advisors effecting family-directed strategies and initiatives and charged with family office tax and accounting reporting.
• Oversight of activism and philanthropic strategies directed by the family.
• Proven track record negotiating and managing transactions.
• Indisputable record of integrity and demonstrated commitment to the environment.
• An undergraduate degree and preferably a CPA designation or an MBA.
• Clear ability to successfully interact with diverse internal and external constituencies.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects.
• Demonstrated experience in being flexible and resourceful within a complex and lean environment.
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills towards direct subordinates.
• Well-developed quantitative skills, including proficiency with Excel, Quickbooks and other accounting systems.
• Family office experience and exposure to real estate, tax or investment activities a must.
The successful candidate sought is a high impact professional, who thrives in a team environment, and will be motivated by the mission and values of both the family and the Company. While having a technical understanding of the subject matter for the position is important, the cultural fit is the critical factor in identifying the right candidate.
The Managing Director will have the support of the family’s long time and trusted personal executive assistant and a staff accountant.
Initially as appropriate and competitive, with upside available through performance bonus.
Candidate to provide professional references upon request.
New to The Help Company?
Before expressing interest in one of our open positions, we need to learn a little more about you. Please complete our New Candidate Registration form to get started!NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION