Part Time Chef needed for Lovely Lady in La Canada
Posted : 01/01/70
Lovely Client in La Canada is looking for a great Part Time Chef to help her with meals and also do a cooking class with her once a week. She is open to the other day or two being in her home, or drop off if that is easier for you. She eats BLD plus two snacks a day. Please let us know why you are the best for the job! The ideal candidate has both restaurant and private Chef experience. You must be able and willing to shop for all the food, and drive to the client’s home in La Canada.
We are looking for someone who is:
– experienced (in the kitchen and as a chef for individuals)
– knows a variety of cooking styles and ingredients
– is open to creative recipes that I come up with, and to suggesting new ideas to me
– is a good teacher
She is not currently using:
Grains & flours, gluten
Nightshade vegetables (white potatoes, bell peppers, tomatoes, eggplant)
Dairy (except ghee)
Conventially grown foods (with a few exceptions) and GMO’s (no soy, corn oils or byproducts)
Processed sugar (white, brown) or artificial sweeteners
Foods she is open to trying or that she does currently cook with – this probably qualifies as Paleo: Everything organic, low or unsalted. She salts her own food, to taste.
What she wants to learn:
– how to cook fresh meats and poultry in a variety of ways.
– would like to explore baking, broiling & sauteeing vegetables, since now she generally simmer or steam them.
– Help choose the right tools and equipment for the kitchen.
– The logistics of cooking for more than one person (our client!), selecting & preparing meats/fish/poultry, keeping vegetables fresh, and cooking skills beyond what she’s just picked up or learned as she’s going.
This job has been filled.
This job has been filled, but feel free to checkout some of our other open postings!Go to jobs page