Personal and Home Assistant for Hip Active Topanga Canyon Family
Posted : 01/01/70
Topanga Family with a five year old, two startups and incredibly demanding schedules seek an amazing human that can keep their personal, family and home lives organized, and running smoothly. This family is very into health, wellness and a life spent purposefully and meaningfully. They thrive on organizational systems and using technology to keep everything running efficiently. Someone with a can do attitude who truly enjoys taking care of people is what we are looking for. The perfect person has Executive and Personal Assistant experience, we want the personal and family lives run as smoothly as a CEO’s office, but with warmth.
Please have exceptional, clear written communicator across the mediums of SMS, Slack, email, Google Drive, phone and other tools that make the magic happen.
We would love someone with:
– a concierge approach with kindness across everyone you would touch while working with them
– trustworthy and thoughtful with money – acting as if it were your own – mindful and careful, intuitive
– fast at synthesis and pattern recognition
– agile, proactive and prophetic – anticipating and taking that extra step to double check something with the hotel ahead of arrival, knowing to ALWAYS get the name of who you spoke to – all things that remove friction from an experience and build an ecosystem of people you can call on again
– You shapeshift with ease, you are eternally curious, persistent and love to learn new things, even if it’s how to find a refrigerator that’s out of stock is available in one warehouse in Moorpark
– tech proficiency (all the tools that will unlock your time and ours)
– extraordinary resourcefulness (you can always find 5 solutions to solve a problem, track something down and think proactively)
– precision and intention with how time is structured
– an of service mind/heart-set,
– non-attached style that creates space versus taking it
You will get to work on a gorgeous property in Topanga in your own private home office. We are looking for a special person who will really enjoy having the freedom to make everything run smoothly and also takes feedback well.
Please have at least 3+ years of Assistant experience in a high pressure, high profile environment.
Competitive salary + benefits package!
We don’t typically need help with any work-related scheduling (outside of some travel), but all child-related scheduling, repair people, personal care, doctors, personal travel, and all things that fall outside of work. This includes ongoing communication and interaction with family members, our nanny, housekeeper, guests, friends, etc.
Groceries / Food
Inventory lists, regular ordering and grocery shopping, arrangement with anyone cooking or sporadic dinner parties, birthdays, events, etc. Regular availability for quick pickups and larger shops – or coordination of Instacart, etc. Takeout pickup, prescription pickups, dry cleaning, etc General knowledge of health and nutrition and plants a huge plus.
Home / Land + Car Maintenance / Supplies
Inventory lists and monthly checking, regular updating of regular items, scheduling and managing repair people, car maintenance and repairs, tracking of repair and service cadence, DMV renewals, insurance renewals, meeting them on site, research regular Amazon ordering as things come up throughout the day – as we develop the land further, this may include scheduling with landscaping, gardener, etc. and the documentation
Finances / Donations
Basic tracking of bills, expenses, reporting, returns, auditing for wrongful charges, etc. Maintaining all accounts / passwords in 1Password and worksheets for tracking all ongoing expenses to gain basic visibility into monthly expenditure.
Ordering / Shipping / Returns / Gifting
Managing ordering, Amazon-ing, gifting, returning, researching, getting special / customized gifts made, samples for my work, holiday / birthday tracking.
Organization / Reporting / Weekly Meetings
If you had to take a few weeks off, everything I need to know would be in neatly and precisely organized Google Sheets for reference. This means regular upkeep of vendors, accounts, open action items, regularly scheduled follow ups, inventory audits, etc. This also includes a regular weekly report and clear agendas for our calls, times to connect so we use time efficiently and everything feels organized – sometimes these have to happen later at night or in transit given work schedules.
On Call / Flexibility
Time needs shapeshift week to week General availability for last-minute, emergencies and a ‘things always come up’ approach—within reason and clear boundaries, but with the understanding that you are the first call.
While this is not a nanny position, the awareness of being around children, the kindness, the language, safety and the modeling is important. Childcare experience, a huge plus.
In Topanga, the understanding and working knowledge of fire warnings and flags is critical. Regular monitoring of TCEP and communication with our family – the maintenance of regular safety checks, fire sprinkler testing, communication of emergency plans, etc.
This job has been filled.
This job has been filled, but feel free to checkout some of our other open postings!Go to jobs page