Property Manager for Carpenteria Family Ranch needed
Posted : 01/01/70
Compensation: Full-time, overtime-exempt salaried employee. Salary DOE based on experience, comprehensive benefits plan, plus year-end discretionary bonus.
Schedule: Candidate to work weekends and can expect to have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. The weekly schedule is subject to change based on the family’s schedule. Hours fluctuate based on family and business needs.
Job Overview: The ideal candidate should have a ‘can do’ attitude to help create a pleasurable working environment, would possess excellent floor service skills, and embody strong written and verbal communication skills. The individual must be self-motivated, comfortable working alone and as part of a team, accountable, discrete, and polished to serve as front of house across several households and cottages in Carpinteria, CA, including beach house and ranch properties. This role would serve as primary support to the COO and report on a dotted line to the Estate Manager / Chief of Staff. Work experience/education in hospitality, property management and/or business. Bi-lingual in English / Spanish is a plus.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Acting as the public face to ensure the family and guest experience is enjoyable and problem free.
• Greeting and showing guests how to use the households and amenities where they are staying.
• Instructing guests how to gain access to the property and ensuring household information data is always up to date.
• Providing recommendations to guests for local restaurants, grocery stores and local activities.
• Serving at day/evening gatherings-primarily when family is in residence and on occasional holidays. Availability to work at auxiliary residences, as needed.
• Scheduling and management of housekeeping staff to ensure the needs of family and guests are always met.
• Reviewing employee timesheets for accuracy, holding housekeeping staff accountable to their weekly schedules, and evaluating their ongoing performance.
• Maintaining the family’s essential list at the ranch – list provided by COO.
• Availability to run errands and tasks as requested by the family, guests, chefs and COO. When the family is in residence, doing some light straightening up and cleaning, as needed.
• Understanding and execution of all the opening and closing procedures stated in the household manuals. Preparing public areas for family or guests’ arrival.
• Working knowledge of HVAC, Coffee & Espresso machines, Ice machine & subzero fridges, Propane BBQs, Wine Cooler & Kegerators, Main kitchen appliances, indoor/outdoor lighting.
• Checking and troubleshooting Ranch AV (Crestron) equipment: making sure all tv’s, apple tv’s are working. Ability to access Hulu, Netflix, Apple TV/iTunes, Showtime, Showtime Anytime, Amazon Prime, HBO Go and other applications across all devices.
• Troubleshooting and ability to implement solutions to common household issues.
• Ensuring pool and spa at the ranch are at the correct temp and working properly. Managing pool temperature expectations and being fiscally responsible with lowering the temp to an optimal setting when the family is not in residence.
• Maintaining water levels in fountains, making certain they are always in good working order. Other locations include Main House motor court, Main house outside master bedroom, Center courtyard fountain at the main house, Lilly ponds by the palapa, Outside meadow cottage entrance water feature, outside yoga room at Meadow cottage, Field cottage fountain, Fountain by Bocci ball court.
• Supporting staff and chefs, as needed, with stocking and maintaining all pantries and fridges at the ranch and beach, checking expiration dates. Main Beach House Pantry, Main House-Guest House Pantry, Love Shack Pantry, Field House Pantry, Shady Cottage Pantry, Meadow Cottage Pantry. Catering Kitchen Pantry and Main House at Ranch Pantry, Pub snacks, palapa snacks.
• Prioritizing daily work schedules to sustain efficient operations.
• Coordinating with ownership and COO on projects, dinners, events, and concerns.
This job has been filled.
This job has been filled, but feel free to checkout some of our other open postings!Go to jobs page