Seeking IT Wiz Assistant to support the IT Director at the most wonderful Family Estate in Los Angeles
Posted : 11/06/23
We are looking for a full time IT person that can help with day to day IT. If you have worked at the Apple store, IT Department at an Entertainment company, or on a help desk, this could be perfect for you. We need a team player with a great attitude who loves to research and implement systems. These homes are primarily Mac – you will be updating operating systems, troubleshooting email issues, setup any and all new computers and iphones.
Job Title: West Coast Tech Assistant
Responsible to: Director of IT
General duties include working with Apple computers and devices, as well as Windows systems, and a variety of AV and other technology applications. You will ensure all properties (East and West Coast) are fully operational in order to reliably serve the principals and their support staff.
You will also work closely with the Director of IT and the West Coast IT staff to ensure technological consistency across the properties. High competency in all aspects of technology is required, as well as advanced troubleshooting skills and a team-oriented attitude.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
• Assist with managing and providing IT and AV support to the Family and Family Office staff across all properties including, but not limited to, staff computers and phones; family computers, phones, cameras, televisions, automobile tech, and media collections
• Maintain, manage and troubleshoot the software and hardware components to the A V and home- automation system across all properties
• Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to Director of IT on all items
• Assist with analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology
• Ensure all devices are upgraded and patched for security vulnerabilities and verify backups are current
• Manage the decommissioning and recycling donation of old A V, computer and networking
• Research, evaluate, and support the implementation of new solutions or applications
• Respond to the IT needs of Family and Staff in a timely manner
• Coordinate mobile phone setup, MDM provisioning and maintenance
• Continually evaluate and collaborate with principal staff members to find ways to improve efficiency and workflow by implementing technological solutions
• Instruct end users on resolving technical issues, teaching new skills
• Manage DVR recordings, streaming account watchlists, and movie collections
• Maintain and calibrate photo printers for accurate color prints
• Basic photo editing, post-processing, and printing
• Maintain contact accounts and generate regular backups
• Create procedures and technical documents necessary to the entire organization
• Establish accounts for new users and maintain records of all logins
• Track inventories of devices, accessories, and print supplies
• Submit purchase requests and follow-up in a timely manner
• Maintain current knowledge of all AV and IT products and solutions both old and new to the market
• Travel a few times a year as needed to the East Coast Properties
• Planning and prioritization in a fast-paced environment
• Problem Solving to Decision Making
• Clear Communication Skills
• Team Player
• Flexible and accepting of change
• Technical savvy to troubleshooting ability
• Able to learn new things on an ongoing basis
• Comfortable working with a wide range of technologies
Base hourly rate is $40-42 an hour, excellent Health Insurance plus 401k! (You’ll gross minimum $83,000-$87,000 a year.) Paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well.
Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Registered Candidates, let us know you're interested in this job!
For existing The Help Company candidates only
Job Interest Form
"*" indicates required fields
New to The Help Company?
Before expressing interest in one of our open positions, we need to learn a little more about you. Please complete our New Candidate Registration form to get started!NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION