Assistant house manager position for gorgeous estate in Santa Barabara
Posted : 04/14/23
WE have a wonderful wonderful client in Carpenteria that is looking for an assistant house manager or butler or hospitality manager call it what you want but just know that you will be managing the housekeeping team of 3 to keep their home running smoothly. We would love someone that can make a drink, and greet the guests, serve the clients for elegant dinner parties, make everyone feel special and well taken care of! If you have managed the dining room at the four seasons, or Montage or any 5 star hotel in Santa Barbara, this could be an amazing opportunity for you!! Work days are usually Thursday – Monday, although the family travels a lot, so you could have some week ends to yourself!
Below is the description from the family!
Houseperson needed for Family Residences in Carpinteria, CA.
We are currently seeking an amazing Houseperson for a family who primarily lives out of this estate in Carpinteria and occasionally travels to other homes in the area. The ideal candidate should have a ‘can do’ attitude to help create a pleasurable working environment, would possess excellent floor service skills, and embody strong written and verbal communication skills. The individual must be self-motivated, comfortable working alone and as part of a team, accountable, discrete, and polished to serve as front of house across several households and cottages in Carpinteria, CA, including beach house and ranch properties.
Requirements: A minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role for a family. Work experience/education in hospitality, culinary skills preferred.
Bi-lingual in English /Spanish is a plus.
• Acting as the public face to ensure the family and guest experience is enjoyable and problem free.
• Greeting and showing guests how to use the households and amenities where they are staying.
• Instructing guests how to gain access to the property and ensuring household information data is always up to date.
• Providing recommendations to guests for local restaurants, grocery stores and local activities.
• Serving at day/evening gatherings-primarily when family is in residence and on holidays. Availability to work at auxiliary residences, as needed.
• Scheduling and management of housekeeping staff to ensure the needs of family and guests are always met.
• Maintaining the family’s essential list at Carpinteria poroperties – list provided by Ranch Manager.
• Availability to run errands and tasks as requested by the family, guests, chefs and Ranch Manager. When the family is in residence, doing some light straightening up and cleaning, as needed.
• Understanding and execution of all the opening and closing procedures stated in the household manuals. Preparing public areas for family or guests arrival.
• Working knowledge of HVAC, Coffee & Nespresso machines, Ice machine & subzero fridges, Propane BBQs, Wine Cooler & Kegerators, Main kitchen appliances, indoor/outdoor lighting.
• Checking and troubleshooting Carpinteria AV (Crestron) equipment
• Troubleshooting and ability to implement solutions to common household issues.
• Ensuring pool and spa at the beach & ranch are at the correct temp and working properly.
• Maintaining water levels in fountains, making certain they are always in good working order.
• Supporting staff and chefs, as needed, with stocking and maintaining all pantries and fridges at the ranch and beach, checking expiration dates.
• Prioritizing daily work schedules to sustain efficient operations.
• Coordinating with ownership and Ranch Manager on projects, dinners, events, and concerns.
Schedule: Candidate to work weekends and can expect to have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. The weekly schedule is subject to change based on the family’s schedule. Hours fluctuate based on family needs.
Location: Carpinteria, CA. We are only open to candidates who live within reasonable driving distance, 30 minutes.
Compensation: Full-time, overtime-exempt salaried employee in the $100-125k range based on experience, comprehensive benefits plan, plus year-end discretionary bonus.
New to The Help Company?
Before expressing interest in one of our open positions, we need to learn a little more about you. Please complete our New Candidate Registration form to get started!NEW CANDIDATE REGISTRATION