This amazing family in Atherton is seeking a wonderful full-time aide/therapy nanny to work with their 4-year-old daughter and assist her development and growth. This position is perfect for someone who is passionate about child development, understands the special gifts of children with Autism, and loves seeing their work translate into the child’s success in life.
Seeking someone who is interested in living onsite with the family during their rotation (not a requirement, but great for commuters) and enjoys ample breaks to travel or have free time every other week. The current schedule is split with another full-time aide on a 2-2-5-5 rotation (two nights on, three nights off, four nights on, five nights off). The family enjoys surfing, snowboarding, travel, adventure, and organic cooking. Has ambitions of starting a farm school for their daughter in Santa Cruz or Malibu in the coming years.
Experience working as a special education teacher, ABA professional, speech pathologist, occupational therapist, autism shadow with college degree
ABA certification or equivalent.
Great communication skills.
Experience working with children on the Autism Spectrum.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Passion for child development through play.
Energetic, team player.
Ability to prepare meals. Sense for healthy eating and nutrition.
Professionalism and ease in being in a home environment with the family.
Ability to “read a room” ie high social emotional intelligence
Experience working in a staffed home
Responsible for providing a warm, nurturing, playful, nourishing and supportive
environment for child, which includes communication with Mom to ensure accountability for the
1) Organizing toys and learning supplies so they are available to play and be used (as a set
2) Participating in active playtime with child on weekends and after school/OT by both
following the lead of the child and proposing activities. Fun Educational Activities that are
age appropriate are a priority.
3) Prepares a morning juice 7:30am, prepares breakfast in the morning at 8am,
begins lunch preparation by 11:30am, dinner preparation by 6pm, and prepares a bath at
a) Communicate / ask Mom about lunch, dinner, and bath if anything is unclear.
4) Organize and have fully stocked child’s diapers, lotions, wipes, vitamins, and cold
5) Assisting child with getting dressed in the morning.
6) Organize and have clean child’s bottles and cups
7) Eyes on child when she is actively playing to ensure she is safe
8) Providing a speech lesson once during the weekend. Working with Mom around timing
9) Providing a Speech lesson on Monday’s after nap if child is rested and seems able to
10) Attending school with child every Wednesday, and alternating every other Monday.
11) Keep child’s backpack and snacks stocked.
Additional tools to success:
Communication is key: if there are questions ask. Priority number 1 is making sure Mom is supported in
taking care of child and that child is taken care of.
Flexibility around travel. 3 or 4 times a year there may be travel that requires 7 to 9 days in a row. The
ability to count on you to join is important. Typically 2-4 weeks notice will be given.
Take ownership of the role and independently take care of travel and work related items using the credit
Reliability: arriving on time, rested and ready.
$130K per year, plus overtime pay, plus discretionary annual bonus, health and dental (family office covers all premiums, and family members). Annual raise. 401K.
Schedule (as of Feb 12, 2023):
child is currently on a 2-2-5-5 schedule between Mom and Dad’s house. Child is with Mom every Monday and Tuesday night, and every other Friday through Wednesday.
Wednesdays: mornings only
Every other Friday/Sat/Sun off
When child with mom:
Saturday’s start time is at 11AM
Sunday full day
Through Wednesday late morning
I want to hear from you ASAP and please only reach out if you are a fit.